Friday, May 21, 2010

Kelly Bensimon Crazy

0 comments

My takeaway from The Real Housewives of New York this week: Kelly Bensimon is completely out of touch with reality.

I suspected it before, but tonight's episode confirmed the crazy.

Ramona was partaking in the renew-your-wedding-vows trend and planned an elaborate bachelorette party on board a yacht in St. John's. Bethenny, Kelly, Alex, and new housewife, Sonja Morgan, were along for the ride.

The first hint of Bensimon's instability came from her defense of grapes. When Ramona questioned where the wine was, Bethenny Frankel jokingly offered to stomp on the grapes in the refrigerator.

Totally serious and annoyed, Kelly said, "What? No, I'm eating those. You're not stomping on those."

Then when she was trying to chastise the women for making a bigger deal of one of Jill's missteps than she thought it deserved, she told them they were "making lemonade out of lemons." I think she meant a mountain out of a molehill.

When Bensimon tried to storm off from the table, calling the other women "demented," she couldn't get through the door.

To quote Bethenny: "Kelly came out of the gate like kook-a-doodle-doo ... and wanted to make a grand exit and nearly smashed her face in the glass window, which ... the humor of that is not lost on me."

Me either.

Bethenny described the incident as "a gift from Jesus to make me laugh."

Then, Bethenny and Kelly: Had. It. Out.

Kelly accused Bethenny of "defaming my kids and hurting my family. Nobody cares about you Bethenny, no one. No one cares. You're vindictive and cunning and deceitful, and it's creepy."

Then she randomly threw out, "You're not a chef, you're a cook. It's creepy."

Bensimon was apparently big on "creepy."

Bethenny retorted, "You are the most unintelligent human being I've ever had the pleasure of being around. Adios, lunatic!"

I'll leave it at that.

In other Housewives happenings, there was LuAnn de Lesseps recording her song "Money Can't Buy You Class."

Her voice, while not amazing, isn't that offensive. But the song itself is one of the most annoying I've heard. Ever.

I'm not sure which is worse, this crooning by "The Countess" or "Tardy for the Party" by Kim Zolciak of The Real Housewives of Atlanta. Tossup.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails